This is Darth Vader, the button quail, and he’s the cutest, smallest bird ever.
I’m a disabled person, and I also work at the Disability Services Office at a college.
Not very long ago, a professor rushed into our office flustered and angry because
1. She had a blind student in her class.
2. She asked us how we planned to communicate graded papers to…
Very Late New Year’s Resolution: List every book I read this year in this post and see how many I’ve read by the end of 2013.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by JK Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
- Annie’s Coming Out by Rosemary Crossley and Anne McDonald
- The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
- The Shack by William Paul Young
- The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (school)
- Wolf Lullaby by Hilary Bell (school)
- The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
- The Messenger by Markus Zusak
- Children of the Black Skirt by Angela Betzien (school)
- Opening a Fuzzwollop’s Frame of Mind by Daniel Evans (school)
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare (school)
- Hanna and Walter by Hanna and Walter Kohner with Frederick Kohner (school)
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Virginia Euwer Wolff, Make Lemonade